Teachers - Parables to teach values

Parables and stories
to teach values

Contents Parables and stories to teach values


You formed my heart for freedom, for Justice, for big, for the beautiful. I have followed the trail that you said to me. You was my pilot, although sitting on one of the beaches in Europe. Not can you figure out how deeply the lessons that you have given me have engraved in my heart: I have not been able to delete even a comma of the grand statements that you have given me.
(Simon Bolivar)
January 19, 1824, being at the top of his glory, Simón Bolívar, the liberator, he wrote from Pativilca (Peru) this letter to his former master, Don Simón Rodríguez. In it he recognizes and appreciates that it was his master who planted in your heart the desire and commitment for freedom and justice, which spurred his big heart and out of a frivolous life and nonsense. Rodriguez was, for Bolivar, a true master.
Albert Camus, who as a child lived in Algeria a life of work and poverty, and that, however, it became a great intellectual and a very famous writer who would receive the nobel prize for literature, also wanted to recognize on another famous letter that everything should be a very special teacher, Mr.
Germain. And so he wrote after receiving the Nobel Prize:

* * *

I waited to go off a little noise that has surrounded me all these days before talking about him with all my heart. I have received a too great honor, which I have not sought nor requested. But when I heard the news, I thought my mother, then you first. Without you, without the caring hand that tended to the poor child that I was, without his teaching and example, nothing everything had not happened this. It is not to give too much importance to an honour of this type. But it offers at least the opportunity to tell you what you has been and remains for me, and you corroborate that their efforts, their work and the generous heart that you put into this always remain alive in one of their small school that, despite years has not ceased to be his grateful student.
I embrace it with all my strength,
Albert Camus.

* * *

In his posthumous novel, the first man, Camus wanted to immortalize the memory of his teacher and wrote a beautiful pages where recalls the
amazing and joyous adventure that were kinds of Mr. Germain:

* * *

Then came the class. With Mr. Germain was always interesting for the simple reason that he passionately loved his work... The school gave them some incredible joys, and undoubtedly that so passionately loved it was what did not find at home, where poverty and ignorance made life harder, more desolate, as locked in itself; misery is a fortress without drawbridge...
Not, the school not only offering an escape from family life. In the class of Mr. Germain, at least school fed a hunger most essential to the child still for the man, who is the hunger to discover them. In the other classes taught them no doubt many things, but a bit as it primes a goose. They presented them a ready food begging them that they had good swallow it. In the classes of Mr. Germain, felt for the first time that existed and which were subject to the highest consideration: deemed them worthy of discover the world.
If your heart beats faster
seeing your students,
If each person is to you
a being that it must be cultivated,
If each hour of class has escaped quick,
If you want more your work every year that passes,
Yes the inevitable difficulties
you are smiling,
If parents and children
they say that you're kind,
If your justice know put on love,
If fighting evil but not the sinner,
If knowing so much don't you think wise,
If you know to what you thought you knew, revisit
If instead of questioning,
know above all respond,
If you know to be a child remaining master,
If the beauty you know surprise you,
If your life is a lesson and your Word silence,
If your students want to resemble ti,
then...
YOU ARE MASTER.

Translated for educational purposes.