What is the Meaning of Personal pronouns | Concept and Definition of Personal pronouns


Meanings, definitions, concepts of daily use

Pronoun, from the latin pronōmen, is a type of Word without fixed reference. Pronouns are determined by the relationship with other words that has already been called, and may refer to persons or extra-linguistic things.
The personal pronouns are those which often refer to persons, animals or objects and have no lexical content. These pronouns express various categories grammatical, the most common being those that indicate the grammatical person. Personal pronouns can also distinguish the grammatical number (singular or plural).
'I' (or 'me'), 'we', 'he' (or 'him'), 'we' and 'you' are examples of personal pronouns. The sentence "I am a lawyer and I work in a law firm in downtown" has a meaning according to the person who pronounced the sentence. The personal pronoun 'I' indicates that whoever made that comment is a "lawyer".
If someone wants to say that an individual is a "lawyer", it should say, depending on the context, 'It is lawyer' or «you are lawyer», etc. Another possibility is that the speaker is "avocat" and that he wished to include another colleague in his speech. In this case, he can say "We are lawyers", which is equivalent to "he and I are lawyers.
Personal pronouns can also indicate possession (such as "mine" or "yours"), or verbal objects ("to me", "me"): "don't worry, Carlos already told me", "this car is to you?", "leaves this book in place because it is to me," "a cousin to him is a professional footballer and played in Austria", "we can go home to do the job of natural sciences and then we will have the afternoon free. , "He observes as his own daughter.
Translated for educational purposes